The Internet Hall of Fame recognizes a select group of visionaries, leaders, and luminaries who have made significant contributions to the development and advancement of the global Internet.
Individuals who have played a significant role in the conceptualization, building, and development of the Internet in any region or country are considered for induction each year into one of the three categories of the Internet Hall of Fame. In addition to those who have been more visible, the Internet Hall of Fame seeks nominees who have made crucial, behind-the-scenes contributions. Criteria for evaluation include:
- Impact: The contribution has significantly impacted the development or growth of the Internet and continues to demonstrate relevance to the Internet's ongoing advancement and evolution.
- Influence: The contribution, relative to the Internet, has significantly influenced: 1) the work of others in the field; 2) society at large; or 3) another more defined but critical audience/region/community.
- Innovation: The contribution has broken new ground with original thinking/creativity that has established new paradigms, eliminated obstacles or accelerated Internet advancements.
- Reach: The contribution has significantly impacted the Internet's reach among society at large or within key audiences in specific geographies.
Special consideration may also be given to a candidate's lifelong accomplishments, contributions to more than one area of the Internet, and the overall benefit of his or her technological contribution to society. Other eligibility guidelines:
- There is no requirement for the length of time the nominee has worked in/contributed to the industry
- Nominations can be made posthumously
- Individuals previously nominated must be re-nominated to be considered
- Individuals cannot nominate themselves
Nominations are reviewed and screened to ensure they meet the nomination criteria and eligibility; the Internet Hall of Fame Advisory Board and a select group of past inductees are responsible for the final selections. Meet the Internet Hall of Fame Advisory Board.
If you have any questions about the nomination submission process, or need assistance, please email Hall.of.Fame@ISOC.org.