Internet Hall of Fame recognizes outstanding achievements in the development and advancement of the global Internet
The Internet Society today announced the addition of eight international Internet leaders to the 2013 Internet Hall of Fame Advisory Board. The Internet Hall of Fame honors leaders and luminaries who have made significant contributions to the development and advancement of the global Internet.
The Advisory Board is comprised of a highly-qualified, international panel of individuals with expertise spanning many segments of the industry and related areas, including computer scientists, software engineers, Internet developers, historians, executives, authors, researchers, academia, and journalists. The Advisory Board has a critical role in selecting the inductees for the 2013 Internet Hall of Fame.
New to the Internet Hall of Fame Advisory Board in 2013:
- Dr. Hessa Sultan Al Jaber, Secretary General of the Supreme Council of Information and Communication Technology, ictQATAR
- Grace Chng, Senior correspondent for The Straits Times and leading technology writer in Singapore
- Raúl Echeberría, Executive Director of LACNIC, the Regional Internet Registry for Latin America and the Caribbean; Internet Society Board of Trustees
- Hartmut Glaser, Executive Secretary of the Brazilian Internet Steering Committee
- Katie Hafner, Journalist and author of six books, including Where Wizards Stay Up Late: The Origins of the Internet
- Dr. C.L. Liu, Professor at National T sing Hua University, T aiwan
- Dr. Oliver Popov, Professor of Computer and Systems Sciences, Stockholm University
- Dr. Andreu Veà, WiWiW.org Founder and Director; Special IT Counselor to Barcelona and Catalonia Government; President of Internet Society Spain Chapter
Returning to the Internet Hall of Fame Advisory Board from 2012:
- Dr. Lishan Adam, ICT Development Researcher, Ethiopia
- Alex Corenthin, Directeur des Systemes d’Information, University Cheikh Anta Diop of Dakar; Chair, Internet Society Senegal Chapter
- Dr. William Dutton, Professor of Internet Studies, Oxford Internet Institute
- Mike Jensen, Independent ICT Consultant, South Africa
- Aleks Krotoski, Technology academic, journalist, and author
- Lee Rainie, Director, Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project
- Dr. Alejandro Pisanty, Professor at National University of Mexico; Chair of Internet Society Mexico Chapter
- Jimmy Wales, Co-founder, Wikipedia
For more details on the 2013 Internet Hall of Fame Advisory Board, visit https://internethalloffame.org/about/advisory-board
We truly appreciate the unique perspectives, experiences, and dedication the Advisory Board brings to selecting the 2013 Internet Hall of Fame inductees. A global Advisory Board is essential to ensuring individuals from around the world are recognized for their contributions as Internet visionaries, innovators, and leaders. It takes people across the globe all working to shape the Internet, so that all individuals can realize their maximum potential.Lynn St. Amour,
Internet Society President and CEO
About the Internet Hall of Fame
The Internet Hall of Fame is an annual awards program that has been established by the Internet Society to publicly recognize a distinguished and select group of leaders and luminaries who have made significant contributions to the development and advancement of the global open Internet. More information can be found at www.internethalloffame.org.
About the Internet Society
The Internet Society is the trusted independent source for Internet information and thought leadership from around the world. With its principled vision and substantial technological foundation, the Internet Society promotes open dialogue on Internet policy, technology, and future development among users, companies, governments, and other organizations. Working with its members and Chapters around the world, the Internet Society enables the continued evolution and growth of the Internet for everyone.